Dr.Sher Bacha is a Ph.D. Scholar at China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, P.R. China, and Assistant
Professor at Baluchistan, University of IT, Engineering and Management Sciences, Pakistan. He has a vast experience in
the field of Geotechnical, Mining, and Gemology. He has been involved in many projects of geomechanics, mining, and safety and served many reputed organizations both nationally and internationally. He has been involved in teaching and research for more than 10 years and supervised many students. He has worked for the establishment of mining engineering laboratories with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Dr. Bacha is the author and co-author of many journals and conference papers. He has participated and presented papers at national and international conferences. He has visited many countries as professional delegate. He is also working as a reviewer for research journals. He is currently involved in research on geomechanics and safety. His area of interest is rock mechanics, ground control and safety.
1. Paper titled; Influence of composite slope geometrical parameters on soft rock slope stability, published in Journal of Mining of Mineral Deposits, available online, 5th March 2020.
2. Paper “Thermogravimetric Analysis of Lignite Coal, Tree Leaves and Their Blend” published in Journal of Applied and Emerging Sciences, BUITEMS Pakistan, 02
3. A review of rock burst’s experimental progress, warning, prediction, control and damage potential measures
4. The research abstract is presented in International Conference Earth Sciences Bara Gali, June 2012 and is published in an abstract volume of Journal of Himalayan Earth Sciences, University of Peshawar, Volume No.45(2), 2012, ISSSN: 1994-3237.Online available on National Centre of Excellence in Geology, University of Peshawar Website, in Journal link, June 45(2),2012.
5. Research paper “Study of Shear Strength of Rocks from Kohat Formation” published in Journal of Himalayan Earth Sciences, University of Peshawar, 2014, available online.
3. Paper published in SCIE Indexed Journal. Title: Overcoming mine safety crisis in Pakistan: An appraisal. Journal, Process Safety Progress, Willey Online Library, 6th Feb 2019. IF = 0.732
6. Paper, “Particle size analysis of coal and biomass for co-combustion” published in Journal of Applied and Emerging Sciences BUITEMS Pakistan, 14 July 2014.
7. Paper “An Empirical Analysis of Fatal Accidents in the Coal Mines of Pakistan” is published in International Conference on Energy, Resources, Environment, and Sustainable Development, June 2019 at Xuzhou, China.
8. Paper “Preventive measures of lungs diseases in coal mine workers caused by coal dust (Case studies of Baluchistan and KPK Provinces of Pakistan)” published in International Conference on Energy, Resources, Environment, and Sustainable Development, June 2019 at China
9. Paper “Strength parameters analysis of sandstone rock using triaxial compression tests data for the stability of mines and rock excavations” published in International Conference on Energy, Resources, Environment, and Sustainable Development, June 2019 at China.
10. Paper “An experimental study on the precursory characteristics of EP before sandstone failure based on critical slowing down” published in July 2019, Journal of Applied Geophysics, DOI: 10.1016/j.jappgeo.2019.103818
11. Conference paper An Empirical Analysis of Fatal Accidents in the Coal Mines of Pakistan, published in International Conference on Energy, Resources, Environment, and Sustainable Development, June 2019 in China.
P.h.D Mining Engineering (Specialization: Safety, ground control) at China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, P.R. China 2016-2020.
M.S Mining Engineering (Specialization: Rock Mechanics and Tunneling, Mining Engineering) at the University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar Pakistan 2007-2013.
B.S Mining Engineering (Final Year project on Occupational Health and Safety) at the University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar Pakistan 2002-2007.
Higher Secondary School Certificate in Government Degree College Matta, Swat, KPK, Pakistan 1999-2001
Secondary School Certificate at Government High School, Biha, Matta, Swat, KPK, Pakistan 1997-1999.
Diploma in Gemology From Gemological Association of Great Britain (Gem-A) Accredited Teaching Centre, Gems and Jewellery Centre of Excellence, University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar, Pakistan (2010).
Diploma in Basic Gemology and Lapidary, gemstones cutting and polishing using latest equipment From Gemological Association of Great Britain (Gem-A) accredited Teaching Centre, Institute De Gemology De Madagascar (IGM), Madagascar (From November 2009 to January 2010),