1) Over 130 research papers in technical journals and conference proceeding; Editor
of several International Conference proceedings including the Proceedings of the
34th International Conference of Safety in Mines Research Institutes (Published in
2011 by MACMILLAN Publishers, Delhi, ISBN: 978-935-059-042-3, 860 pp).
II) Over 25 technical reports including the technical reports of NIOSH, USA (the
former U.S. Bureau of Mines) which are the outcomes of the funded project on
“Coal Mine Injury Analysis” (1986-1993).
III) Research Monograph on “Risk Analysis of Coal Mine Injuries” published in 2014
(Publisher: LAP, Germany; ISBN Number: 978-8383-4263-4, 93 pp.)
IV) Co-author of a Chapter of the Handbook on mine Health and Safety published by
the Society of Mining Engineers, USA, in 1992.
Occupational health and safety; Injury epidemiology; Safety data analytics; Ergonomics; Human Vibration; Operations Research; and Quality engineering.
Involved in several funded research projects as a Principal and Co-principal Investigator (Sponsors: Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India; Tata Steel; Coal India Limited; Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India; Bhushan Steel Limited, French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, France; National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, USA)
HONORS AND AWARDS
1) Invited Speaker at the International Vision Zero Conference on OSH 2019, Mumbai, India (Invited by ISSA Mining, Germany)
2) Professor S.K. Bose memorial award for the year 2016 by the Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India (MGMI).
3) Member of the Governing Body of International Centre of Excellence in Mine
Safety and Automation, C/o of Gujrat Mineral Development Corporation Limited,
Ahmedabad during 2016-2019.
4) Speaker at the First Thailand Vision Zero Conference 2017 on an
Invitation from the International Social Security Association, Mining (ISSA Mining, Germany)
5) Keynote speaker at the Sudan Mining Summit 2016 in Khartoum on an invitation
from the Ministry of Minerals, Government of Sudan.
6) Invited speaker at the BRICS Global University Summit 2015 in Moscow on an
invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
7) Council member of the MGMI during 2010-2013, 2013-2016, 2016-2018, 2019-
8) Keynote speakers at the 7th China International Work Forum on Safety 2014 in
Beijing and the 5th China International Work Forum on Safety 2010 in Beijing on
an invitation from the State Administration of Work safety, People’s Republic of
9) Felicitated as Eminent Engineering Personality for valuable contribution in
Mining Engineering by the Institution of Engineers (India) in 2012.
10) Served on the expert panels of several central Government ministries and
departments including the Ministry of Labor (2004-2010), Ministry of Coal (2006),
Ministry of External Affairs (2006), Ministry of Information Technology (2006-
2008), Ministry of Human Resource Development (2009 onwards), All India
Council of Technical Education (2007 onwards), Union Public service
Commission (2012 onwards) and Department of Science and Technology (2005-
11) International Collaboration : (i) Collaboration with the French National
Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM), France since 2000;
12) collaboration with the National Institute of Science and Technology (MISIS),
Russia since 2016.
13) Principal Coordinator from IIT Kharagpur of MOU between DONG-A
University, Busan, South Korea, and IIT Kharagpur from 2010-2015.
14) Initiated a new dual degree program in Mine Safety Engineering at IIT
Kharagpur from the academic year 2005-2006. A new undergraduate laboratory
in Safety Engineering and Human Factors was developed by Dr. A.
15) Served on the expert panels in the academic institutions, research institutions
and Government regulatory bodies including CIMFR (Research Council member
during 2010-2016); ISM Dhanbad (a member of faculty selection committee and
member of Research Council during 2010 -2013 ): IIEST Shibpur (a member of
faculty selection committee); NIT Surathkal (a member of faculty selection
committee: AICTE (a member of National Board of Accreditation of AICTE);
IIT BHU(External examiner), NIT Nagpur (a member of NBA of AICTE), Anna
University Madras (a member of NBA of AICTE); Directorate General of Mines
Safety (Board of Mining Examinations for Coal as per the Coal Mines
16) Invited speaker on safety and health at several technical forums in India and
abroad including NIOSH, USA
17) Vice-Chairman at IIT, Kharagpur for the Joint Entrance Examination for all the
IITs for the years 2002 and 2003 (JEE 2002 and JEE 2003).
18) Life member of Mining, Geological and Metallurgy Institute of India and The
Institution of Engineers (India); Member of International Social Security
Association (ISSA Mining) from 2014;Member of American Institute of Mining,
Metallurgy, and Petroleum Engineers (1986-1996); Operation Research Society
of America (1985-1991); Decision Sciences Institute (1988-1991), and Society of
Phi Kappa Phi (1991-1992).
19) Awarded John Dunn Medal award for the year 2003-2004 by the Mining
Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India (MGMI) for outstanding
contributions to the Indian Mineral industry.
20) Awarded Smt. Bala Tandon Award for the year 2000-2001 by the MGMI.
21) Awarded MGMI Bronze medal for 1998-99 for a technical paper.
22) Awarded MGMI Silver Medal for 1996-97 for a technical paper.
23) Awarded Indian School of Mines (ISM) Gold Meda